Rainy Day Recipes–Autumn Apple Bread
I originally got this recipe from The Heart of New England Website here:
As many of you know, I am a New Englander and so I love to recreate baked goods from where I grew up. I recently made this recipe originally titled Apple Coffee Cake, and made a few adjustments. I also think that it is more like bread than cake, but it could go either way.
Here is my adventure 🙂
- Cut and dice up four Granny Smith apples, and then mix with a bit of cinnamon.
- In a bowl, mix three cups of flour, one tablespoon of baking soda, a half tablespoon of salt, and one cup of sugar. Sift and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine two eggs, a cup and a half of cinnamon applesauce, and two teaspoons of vanilla. Wisk and set aside.
- Now combine diced apples and cinnamon with your bowl of combined dry ingredients.
- Next, combine this with the mixture of eggs, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Next, put into a bread loaf or cake pan (remember that this recipe could go either way.) 🙂
- Put your apple bread or cake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Apples should be moist and delicious! To keep moist after baking, cover or wrap with foil.